Write For Us!
Law & Space (un)Journal accepts a wide variety of short blog-style articles written with academic integrity but intended for a broad audience.
We are particularly interested in the following:
- short summaries of ongoing research projects
- contributions from current graduate students
- summaries of your own recent academic publications written for a broad audience
- explanations or discussions of key topics in legal geography
- application of legal geography concepts to timely public issues
- book reviews
- conference-related announcements and calls for papers
- profiles of important figures and thinkers in legal geography
Submissions do not have a word limit, but we aim for articles that are between 500 and 1,200 words. Our tone is intelligent but readable, with short, punchy paragraphs, selective citations, and a clear lede that will attract academic and non-academic readers alike.
If you would like to publish a post through Law & Space, reach out directly to the editorial team at lawandspacejournal[at]gmail.com or Austin Kocher at ackocher[at]syr.edu.
Pitches are encouraged rather than full submissions. Questions are always welcome!